I hope business is good and all is well with you.
On behalf of the NetFort team, I am glad to inform you that LANGuardian Version 14 is now available. This new version marks a milestone in delivering new value for NetFort customers. Read the press release.
This release includes several enhancements to the LANGuardian install wizard, dashboards, search, reports, performance and much much more. Check out the release notes to find out what's new in this release.
- Before the release, we offered a pre-release version to some customers, to try out the new features and give us feedback. We would like to say thank you to all of our Beta Testers and for users that are still using a 13.x pre-release version, we recommend that you upgrade to this official version.
- As usual, the LANGuardian upgrade is performed with a one click operation from the web GUI. LANGuardian will begin monitoring immediately after the upgrade. However, some performance enhancing changes to the database schema require that some updates to existing database tables need to occur after upgrade. While these updates are automatically happening, access to older data in the database will be restricted.
- Set the Software update URL: parameter to http://downloads.netforttechnologies.com/software/lg14/
- This setting can be found at: Settings -> Systems -> Configuration, set the IP address, SNMP collectors etc of the system
- Once set access the Upgrade page at: Settings -> Updates -> Upgrade/Backup/Restore
- It should indicate that a remote version 14.0 exists. Proceed with the upgrade and once complete the system will reboot (Upgrading LANGuardian is still a manual process for the moment)
We will be holding a live webinar, exclusively for our customers on Tuesday April 26th at 10am and a repeat of the same webinar on Thursday April 28th at 3pm. Attend the webinar for a demonstration and discussion of the key features in LANGuardian Version 14, how to perform the upgrade with Q&A at end of webinar session.
If you are unable to attend the live webinar, fill in the details on the registration form and we will send you on a recording straight to your inbox.
- Tue, Apr 26, 2016 10:00AM - 11.00AM BST - Register here
- Thu, Apr 28, 2016 3:00PM - 4:00PM BST - Register here
Customer Technical Support Manager
NetFort Support team
Be the first to post a reply!