The Set the Password for the Rescue Account page will allow a user to reset the password associated with the rescue account.
The steps involved in setting up the rescue password are:
- Click on the Settings icon in the LANGuardian menu bar and select Configuration.
- On the LANGuardian Configuration page, scroll down to the System section.
- Click Change the password for the rescue account.
- Enter the new password and then reenter it to confirm.
- Click on Save and the rescue accounts password will be reset.
When you log onto the LANGuardian console using the rescue account you will be presented with a menu. The following options are available from the rescue account menu.
- View status - Display current status of the system, it will display network settings, operating mode and uptime information.
- Restart LANGuardian - Order a software reboot of the system.
- Shutdown LANGuardian - Order a shutdown of the system.
- Ping command - Use the ping command to test network connection.
- Select network device - Allows you to alter the network adapter currently assigned to the LANGuardian management connection.
- Configure network device - Allows you to reset the LANGuardian computer IP address, netmask, default gateway IP address or DNS server IP address.
- Set operating mode - The LANGuardian system can be configured to run as either a Central Manager or a remote probe. This option allows you switch between the two modes.
- Reset web user interface password - Allows the user to reset the GUI password.
Be the first to post a reply!