Today we are going to share some of our favourite ways to utilize the IP :: Top Applications report in LANGuardian 12. Examples of questions this report answers: What applications are being used on my network and how much bandwidth are they consuming?
Did you know you can use the Top Apps report to identify what port numbers are being used by a particular application i.e. BitTorrent, Fileshares and what applications are using Port 80 on the network?
- What ports is a particular application running on? The steps to create the report are as follows:
- Click on Reports in the LANGuardian menu bar.
- In the IP section, click on Top Applications. The IP :: Top Applications report is displayed.
- When the report is displayed, click on the [+] link across from the application name and select Show me the port numbers.
What applications are running on Port 80?
It might turn out that you find other applications tunnelling over Port 80 taking advantage of a hole in the firewall. The steps to create the report are as follows:
- Follow steps 1 & 2 above and enter 80 in the Server Port field.
- Click View.
Are there other ways to use the Top Apps report? Please feel free to leave a comment our forum https://forum.netfort.com
Click here to view all archived tips & tricks emails.
Be the first to post a reply!